During the COVID-19 pandemic, The National Guard is uniquely positioned on the front line of a global healthcare crisis with potential limitations on protective equipment, testing, and resources. Their ties to the local community, state, and federal governments make members of the National Guard pivotal first responders to an emergency. In this unprecedented time, when guardsmen across all states and territories are activated, administrative and logistical challenges become increasingly complicated.
ISF’s ARRO system facilitates COVID-19 response by giving states a centralized system that allows them to work more efficiently when preparing for an activation or emergency, enabling them to manage events and expedite the recovery and reimbursement process more efficiently than any other software.
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is fundamentally sensitive and complex. As the mission evolves, National Guard members adjust their response to best support citizens and control the emergency.
- Title 32 was developed to reduce the financial burden on states and has alleviated some of the issues.
- However, complications exist in how a state tracks personnel (PerStat), payroll, and equipment (LogStat) across simultaneous Title 32 (502(f)) and SAD missions.
- Situations involving varying pay and benefit rules that are already complex in nature, including State Minimum Pay Rules, housing (BAH1 and BAH2), and healthcare (Tricare), add additional challenges.
- States must still track and report mission-critical information (Strength Reporting, etc.) even when operating under Title 32.
In many cases, tracking, reporting, and subsequent reimbursement processing are handled through a highly manual and time-consuming process involving multiple Excel spreadsheets and/or Access databases.
Benefits of ARRO
ARRO can help you navigate the complexity of tracking and reporting for guardsmen on numerous mission types at the same time. Benefits of our solution include the following:
- Robust Functionality. Our solution addresses a variety of business needs and can be used for all mission types including Emergency, Long Term Standing Missions and Federal 502(f) Missions.
- Flexibility. The system is designed to allow you to switch between mission types easily and quickly, and provides the ability to shift between State and Federal Orders.
- Enterprise-Wide Solution. This tool brings together state and military resources such as Budget & Finance, Payroll & Personnel, Joint Directorates, specifically J1, J3, J4, & J8, and State Guard Naval Militia (when necessary).
- Tracking Federally Funded Service Members. Daily PerStat enables you to track service members even when they are being paid with federal dollars.
- Real-Time Information. Built-in dashboards provide you with real-time access to mission-critical data including troop counts, jobs performed by each service member, burn rate, and strength reporting.
- Accommodating Duty Status Changes. Daily Pay Calculations allow you to track service members as they change duty status from one day to the next.
- Order and Duty Status Tracking. Solution allows you to track all service members no matter what orders they are on; the system is configured with numerous duty statuses (i.e. ADOS, SAD, Title 32).
ARRO is successful in emergency response and is designed to handle the current unprecedented activation of guardsmen, tracking personnel and payroll to allow you to manage events, take care of your people, and expedite recovery and reimbursement after activation. All in real time.
Real-Time Tracking and Support
From hurricanes in Florida and Texas to wildfires in California, and now the global COVID-19 pandemic, ARRO helps your state’s National Guard take care of its people by responding better and recovering faster, providing 24/7 on-demand support and training for simultaneous activations nationwide.