ISF, Inc., currently holds a State of Texas Department of Information Resources Deliverables-Based Information Technology Services (DBITS) contract. This contract enables governmental entities in the State of Texas, as well as any entity participating in the DIR Cooperative Contracts Program, to purchase services from ISF at a predetermined price throughout the length of the contract.
Through contract #DIR-TSO-3836, ISF offers the following Deliverables-Based Information Technology Services.
- Application Development means the development of new applications which may be mainframe, server, network-based, web-based, or a combination. The requirements for new applications may require interfaces to existing applications.
- Examples of included services: web application development; mobile application development; service oriented architecture (SOA); researching; analyzing; gathering requirements; designing; programming; testing; documenting and implementing; applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written; providing corrections for production or any changes needed and participation in disaster recovery planning and documentation.
Application Maintenance and Support
- Application Maintenance and Support includes the skills and requirements for supporting application systems, including troubleshooting, modifying, maintaining, and enhancing legacy systems. Application Maintenance and Support also applies to applications running in a production environment.
- Examples of included services: research, analysis, design, programming, testing, documenting, and implementing maintenance changes; correcting software errors; modifying reports and ensuring accurate report runs; making modifications to the applications and documentation; writing ad hoc queries; loading and applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written; providing corrections for production or any changes needed and participation in disaster recovery testing, planning, and documentation. Services may need to be available 24/7 or on an on-call basis.
Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehouse
- BI enables an organization to perform in-depth analysis and includes, where required, data mining of detailed business data providing real and significant information to business users. BI may include an integrated group of operational and decision support applications and databases. BI makes use of tools designed to easily access data warehouse data. A data warehouse collects, organizes and makes data available for the purpose of analysis and gives organizations the ability to access and analyze information about its business. The function of the data warehouse is to consolidate and reconcile information from across disparate business units and IT systems and provide a context for reporting and analysis.
- Examples of included services: architectural design, extraction, transformation and loading of data sources; planning, assessment, product installation and tuning; prototype development, deployment, data cleansing, data mart development and support; data migration, integration with data mining; integration with business intelligence tools and/or systems; data scrubbing; data transformation; training and knowledge transfer.
Information Technology Assessments and Planning
- IT Assessments and Planning may include IT effectiveness, maturity, governance, project management and architecture. Strategic planning activities may include mission statement development, visioning and goals, objectives, and strategy development. Tactical planning may require that actionable plans and roadmaps be provided.
- Examples of included services: IT assessments, including enterprise architecture; staff knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) assessments; and strategic and tactical planning.
Information Technology Project Management
- IT Project Management service providers may perform any or all of the project management processes identified by the Project Management Institute as published in Table 3-45 of the PMBOK® Guide, Third Edition or most recent.
- Examples of included services: utilizing the Customer’s tools and processes, using off-the-shelf tools, or using Vendor’s own proprietary tools and processes to manage a project.
Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)
- IV&V focuses on mission critical software by conducting reviews and in-depth analyses of products that carry the highest level of risk and checks that a product, service, or system meets specifications and that it fulfills its intended purpose.
- Examples of included services: validation of software design to meet system needs/requirements, traceability of safety critical requirements, design analysis of selected critical algorithms, and code analysis of mission-critical software components.
- Technology Migration/Upgrade may be required to increase business functionality, reengineer a business function, or keep current with vendor upgrades or when upgrading existing technology. Technology transformation may be accomplished by converting/migrating legacy applications to new technology either with or without new business functionality, or it may include introducing new technology into the enterprise. Technology Migration/Update may also include providing website content accessibility compliance.
- Examples of included services: assessments of the current application portfolio, evaluation of the technology assets before beginning technology transformation, and Business Case development for justification of an initiative. Also included are technology transformations which may include appropriate Return on Investment (ROI), benchmarks, and milestones. The following activities may also be included: planning, analysis, requirements development, proof of concept, deployment, implementation, integration, remediation, data migration, documentation, application programming and support services; and training support.
IT Procurement Assistance
- Information Technology Procurement Assistance services may include assistance in IT Statement of Work (SOW) and/or Request for Offer (RFO) development. Procurement assistance activities may include requirements gathering, scoring criteria development, and evaluation development.
- Examples of included services: specification development, Statement of Work (SOW) development, and RFO development.
Pricing Information/How to Order
- For product, pricing, and warranty information, contact Mark Burk at (850) 671-1017.
- Generate a purchase order, made payable to ISF, Inc. You must reference the DIR Contract Number DIR-TSO-3836 on your purchase order.
- Email your purchase order and quote form to Mark Burk at email@example.com.
For more information on the DBITS SOW Ordering process, visit: